Facility Use Policy
- Facility Use Form (For facilities use, equipment use, or van request)
- Wedding Policy Form
Purpose of Facilities
- The buildings and campus of The Bible Church of Little Rock are for the promotion of God’s glory facilitating the work of ministry.
- The Bible Church limits the use of its facilities to those activities which are in keeping with a biblical philosophy and practice of ministry as decided by the Board of Elders.
- The church office is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday.
- The church office is closed on the following holidays: New Year’s (2 days), Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving (Thursday and Friday), and Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Reservations and Cancellations
- Requests for use of facilities are processed through the church office. All requests should be submitted to the Church Administrator by completing a Facilities /Equipment/Van Request Form.
- The Church Administrator or a Staff Pastor may approve requests submitted by church members after conferring with and coordinating with one another. The Board of Elders must approve requests submitted by individuals and organizations from outside the church.
- Activities shall be scheduled on the church calendar only after approval is granted. Dates will be held tentatively pending submittal of paperwork and approval from Church Administrator and/or Elder Board.
- Requests will be honored typically on a first-come, first-serve basis according to the date the request form is received in the church office. Exceptions may be made by the Board of Elders based on the nature and priority of the activities under consideration. Associated fees are due within five business days, unless other arrangements are made with the Church Administrator.
- Ministry events and activities of The Bible Church have priority over all requests.
- The church office should be informed as soon as possible upon the cancellation of a meeting date. All fees will be reimbursed within five business days of receiving notice of cancellation.
- The Board of Elders may, at its own discretion, cancel previously approved reservations for the use of church facilities to individuals or groups, whether members or non-members.
- An authorized overseer must be present at all events. This person must be an Elder, Deacon or a church member authorized by the Board of Deacons or a member of the Pastoral Staff to oversee an event. This person will be responsible for lock up, lights out, etc., and ensuring that proper clean up takes place.
- Events should not be scheduled past 9:30 p.m. to allow sufficient time for vacating and closing down the building by 10:00 p.m. Tables, chairs and equipment shall be returned to their original arrangement and cleaned if necessary. Windows shall be closed, doors locked, and lights turned off when leaving.
- Furniture and equipment may not be removed from the church facility without the approval of a Deacon or the Church Administrator.
- The church’s nursery policy shall apply in every situation that nursery childcare is provided.
- Use of the sound system is permitted only under the supervision of church approved sound personnel.
- Use and moving of the church’s piano, organ or keyboard for any function is permitted only under the supervision of the Worship pastor or such persons authorized by the Worship Pastor.
- The sale of general merchandise on church premises is not allowed, except for Christian music and books, and other ministry related materials. (NOT AT THIS TIME.)
- No smoking is allowed in church facilities. No alcoholic beverages are allowed at any time on church property.
- Groups or individuals shall replace or repair at their expense damage to facilities or equipment due to misuse of facilities or equipment.
- Beverages and food are not allowed in the Worship Center. No beverages using red coloring may be served in the building.
- The use of the kitchen must be approved by the church’s Kitchen Coordinator.
- No tape, staples, thumbtacks, nails or any kind of adhesives may be used on any wall surface, woodwork or ceiling tile. Use gaffer tape only when taping cords to carpet.
- No non-BCLR fund raising or voluntary offerings or collections shall be held without prior approval from the Board of Deacons.
- The Bible Church assumes no responsibility for articles left at the church facility.
- The Activity Center is available for use from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m., Monday through Friday with the exception of Wednesday evenings. The Activity Center is available on Saturday by prior arrangement.
- Staffing will not be provided by BCLR. All parties must obtain their own authorized persons (see Gen. Rules .01). An adult must supervise 8th graders and below. Pastoral and office staff members are not responsible for the supervision of children during regular office hours.
- Reservations are not necessary during regular office hours. However, one must inform the church office of one’s presence. Because of the priority of church ministry events, reservations are desirable at all other times.
- A BCLR member must accompany guests when they are using the Activity Center.
- Clothing must be conservative and non-revealing. Shirts must be worn at all times. Only athletic shoes may be worn for games on the Activity Center floor (no bare feet).
- Improper conduct will not be tolerated (e.g. cursing, lewd gestures, rude body language, etc.). Persons conducting themselves in this manner will be asked to leave the facility. Misuse of equipment may result in the denial of future use.
- Typically, all other areas of the building are off-limits (except restrooms) during the use of the Activity Center.
- Tables and chairs placed on the Activity Center floor must have plastic or rubber coasters or feet.
- The Activity Center floor shall be dust-mopped after each event by the party using the Activity Center. A dust mop, pan and trash container are available in the Activity Center storage closet. If restrooms are used, trash must be removed and restrooms left in order.
- Painting is not allowed on the Activity Center floor.
- Duct tape or other similar tape is not to be used on the Activity Center floor. Only masking tape and other tape that is easily removed is allowed.
- The Bible Church is pleased to offer its facilities free of charge to members and to their children, grandchildren, parents and grandparents for certain private events. Such events include but are not limited to weddings, funerals, and anniversaries. See our Wedding policy for wedding plans and fees.
- In the event of a natural disaster or other such catastrophic event, the facility may be made available to federal, state, and local authorities as deemed appropriate by the Board of Elders.
- Organizations not classified as outreach ministries of the church who use the church’s facilities shall have a public liability insurance policy with at least $1,000,000 limit of liability coverage, and premises medical coverage with at least $5,000 limit per person.
- The Bible Church of Little Rock must be named as an “additional insured” on the user’s policy for liability damages arising out of the user’s activities on the church’s premises.
- The user shall provide a certificate of insurance evidencing coverage and The Bible Church of Little Rock as additional insured, or each participant shall sign an Acknowledgment of Risk and Wavier Form that is provided by the church.
- The Finance Committee shall determine fees in accordance with this policy.
- Outreach ministries of the church (e.g. STEP Ministries, etc.) shall not be charged facility use or personnel fees. Fees may be reduced or waived by the Finance Committee based on financial need, or the benefit of an event or activity to the ministry of the church.
- Members and their immediate families are not required to pay for the use of facilities for weddings, funerals and other private events. Typically, personnel fees are required from all persons using the facilities.
- Facility and personnel rates for weddings and other events are based per event, and include the entire time rooms are needed for set-up. Facility Use Minimum Fees Worship Center: $100.00 Activity Center & Kitchen: $50.00 Classroom: $15.00 Janitorial Services: $32.00 per hour Personnel Fees Sound/Lighting Technician: $50.00 Organist/Pianist: $75.00 Nursery Director: $50.00 Stated fees are minimum rates which may vary according to the length and scope of the event.
- Fees for long-term use of the facilities (re-occurring events) must be negotiated with the Finance Committee.